Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Holiday Bible School

We just finished the second day of Bible School; it has been very busy but fun! I love being with the kids and it is so fun to work with Genesis and Exekiel; they are both so good with kids and totally get into what they are doing!
It is absolutely beautiful here! Unfortunately, we were still out playing when the clouds opened up
 I got to teach the Bible lesson today
 I love doing the songs with the kids!
 Abby taught yesterday
 One way to have beautiful children is to have beautiful parents
 I L-O-V-E the background in this one!
 Three legged race
 This is Abdou- he is such the model child! He pays attention so well and participates in every thing! He also got saved today :-)
 She thinks she's a princess
 They got the older guys to do a three legged race as well
 The only thing funny about this picture is that it was probably 80 degrees outside. Poor Hopkins!
 Best buds eatin' bon-bon's
 I love this one! He loved riding in the bus
 The kids loved this game... They each had a balloon tied around their leg and had to try to pop the other persons balloon all without leaving the circle. It was pretty funny where there were 10 kids in the circle!
 Ridin' the bus
 Sam gave a challenge today
 This is why he makes such a wonderful director!!! The kids love him
 We had about 18 or 19 kids yesterday and today Sam counted 33! Who knows how many we'll get tomorrow :-)
 Back at home... 
I was doing dishes after dinner when Elias came in with a book, sat down at my feet, and started reading :-) So sweet! He also loves to help with the dishes but once he does the silverware and cups he has more fun playing in the water than rinsing out the bowls!
 She loves her sister and as Elena says, "I think she likes me sometimes" :-)
 Elias has once again found someones shoes to wear... Genesis' are a little too big though and he couldn't even keep them on :-) He finally took them off and carried them around
 When we got home yesterday I looked in the wash room and saw this... Mercy was so fascinated with the washing machine!
 For those of you who know the story- the bread man came back today! You can just barely see his hat if you look closely... I stayed inside today :-) Abby said that he never shows up this many times in one week. For those of you who don't know the story just ask my dad :-) haha- actually don't!
It has been an exhausting few days but it has been worth it; I absolutely love working with the kids and so I am having a blast! Hope things are going well wherever you are!

9 comments:

  1. Oh that is looks like so much fun!!! I wish we could do VBS here!=) Elias is soooo cute!!!=)
    love and miss ya tons!!!!
    ~Phebs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Abby,
    Now I'm curious about the breadman. I'm sure there is a great story there! Miss you lots, but so happy to see all the things you're getting to do! Thanks for the great pics of all the people (I loved Hopkins) and especially the Sanderlin family. Makes them feel closer.
    Love ya,
    shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea same here!!! (I'm curious about the breadman...tell us! :)) We're doing VBS here too - its going great but busy but good so far!!! Miss you Abby! -Sarah Elwood

    ReplyDelete
  4. The people have spoken. Elaborate on the Bread Man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! The breadman. :-) I love the pictures and stories. Especially the one of Hopkins. lol! poor kid. I miss you and can't wait to see you!

    Love ya!
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that you know how to do VBS, you can do it for us next summer. Thanks for volunteering ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, there is not much to tell about the bread man except that the first time he saw me he asked me to marry him :-) When I refused he asked me for my number so he can call me when he comes to America. Poor guy, he probably never gets so many rejections in one day!
    His pick up line was the best though- he asked me if Elena and Elias were my kids. Just as if the red/ blond haired, blue eyed children could possibly be mine. I said no and then he said where are your children? When I told him I didn't have any he got so happy and said oh your not married then proceeded to ask me to marry him
    So thats the story of the bread man in a nutshell or in a bread box :-) haha bad joke.
    And yes, I would love to do a VBS next summer! I had a wonderful time doing it here; it was soooo much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha Abby that was funny!!!! =)lol
    ~Phebs~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved the breadman story and yes, Bible school was always so much fun.

    ReplyDelete