Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Saying Goodbye




 I walked Stephanie home last night and while I was walking back I got to watch the sun disappear behind the mountains; the sky was gorgeous! It made me think of How Great Thou Art
 George arrived safely from Egypt and brought along some gifts for everyone. Elena loves her new stuffed animal and shawl. I walked into the parlor today and found her just like this
 She also loves George as does Elias; they have both been having fun having another person to read to them and play games with them.
  Tonight was my last service here; it was sad having to say goodbye to everyone. I have been so blessed to be able to meet so many wonderful people and I will miss them all lots!
  Jenaboo is the lady on the left- we don't speak any of the same languages but she always greets me and gives the biggest smile. The other day when I came out she got a big smile on her face and said, "My friend" I laughed because I had said the same thing to her when we pulled up the day before.
She was very delighted to meet George tonight as well :-)
 Chloe loves George (big surprise right?) She kept looking up at him and cooing; it was so cute!
I'd like to introduce Philip Jr. Anyone else agree?
My little sweetheart
 Daddy's girl

Mommy Jane and Jane Francis came over to meet George and say goodbye tonight; Mommy Jane said that it was good good he could come and meet my African friends :-)
I guess I should be saying this is just see ya later not goodbye but its still sad. I have made so many new friends here and will miss them all!

6 comments:

  1. Very nice sky picture! I love looking at the sky! Yes, he is Philip Jr. All the good bye's made my eyes tear up. It must be a sentimental day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Put a hyphen inbetween my "good-bye". :>

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will be praying for a safe trip home....we are so thankful you were able to be there and I know the sad feeling at having to leave. We miss Sam, Abby, Elena and Elias and would so love to see and hold little Chloe!! but we love seeing all the pics. I know you will be missed by all. The people are so warm and friendly there and so in need of being grounded in the Word of God. God bless you, Abby, for giving of yourself to this ministry. Mr. and Mrs. Sanderlin aka Grammie and Grandad

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pic of Philip Jr. is soooooo cute:) I agree...he does look like Philip! Have a safe trip home. Sooooooooooooooooo glad you were able to be in Cameroon for a while...I'm sure that was a blessing to Sam and Abs (and the kids, of course)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, Abz, I've so enjoyed your updates and pics! I'll miss seeing my family there so much!:( I'm so sad I'll miss seeing you too!!! Hopefully we'll get to see each other again shortly, though. Don't forget all the fun stories!;) Love you! I've missed you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great job you have done with pics and comments - I've loved every one and made me feel like I was almost there! So glad George could meet up with you and see everyone - even Chloe (I'm so jealous! :) Praying for safety in flying - can't wait to see you again soon!

    Love,
    Aunt Peggy

    ReplyDelete